Books Read = 17
Awww… my last rundown for 2016! I can’t believe it’s a new year already. But good riddance, I say.
I had kind of a crazy/amazing month in terms of posted reviews for two reasons: 1. I’ve started up a new DNFs in review post called “Life’s Too Short” so those count towards my totals and 2. I’ve dug up an old post style I used to do called Short & Sweet where my reviews are vastly shorter than my typical style. I knew my totals were going to be larger than normal but ddaaaamnnn… I wasn’t expecting 15. lol
- [3 Dec] Nine of Stars by Laura Bickle ★★★½
- [8 Dec] The Invasion of the Tearling by Erika Johansen ★★★½
- [10 Dec] I'm Thinking of Ending Things by Iain Reid ★★
- [16 Dec] the princess saves herself in this one by Amanda Lovelace ★
- [17 Dec] Feedback by Mira Grant
- [17 Dec] A Promise of Fire by Amanda Bouchet
- [17 Dec] The Girls by Emma Cline
- [22 Dec] The Fate of the Tearling by Erika Johansen ★★★½
- [23 Dec] All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood ★★★★
- [23 Dec] The Last Days of Jack Sparks by Jason Arnopp ★★★★
- [23 Dec] Bad Boy by Elliot Wake ★★½
- [29 Dec] The You I've Never Known by Ellen Hopkins ★★½
- [30 Dec] Little Women by Louisa May Alcott ★★★
- [30 Dec] Christmas at the Comfort Food Cafe by Debbie Johnson ★★★
- [30 Dec] Skipping Christmas by John Grisham ★★★★★
And because of my new Short & Sweet reviews, that doesn’t leave much reason NOT to review. These four were the only ones I read last month that didn’t get anything written about them.
- Wildest Dreams (Fantasyland #1) by Kristen Ashley ★★★★
- Crush by Richard Siken ★★★★
- The Chronicles of Harris Burdick: 14 Amazing Authors Tell the Tales by Chris Van Allsburg ★★★★
- The Mirror & the Maze (The Wrath and the Dawn #1.5) by Renee Ahdieh ★★★
Best of the Month: Skipping Christmas by John Grisham ★★★★★
It was a re-read but it still counts because I enjoyed it just as much this time around as I did the first.
Least Favorite: I’m Thinking of Ending Things by Iain Reid ★★
There was so much outrage surrounding the ending to this that I had to pick it up out of sheer curiosity. Everyone was right. The ending sucks.
Biggest Surprise(s): Wildest Dreams (Fantasyland #1) by Kristen Ashley ★★★★
I bought this on a complete whim for $0.99 and honestly wasn’t expecting to dive into it immediately. This one is very long but well worth it if you enjoy fantasy romance.
Biggest Disappointment: The You I’ve Never Known by Ellen Hopkins ★★½
I’ve been a huge fan of Hopkins for many, many years and this one was not nearly as good as her past stories.