Books Read = 9
I only read 4 books in December so I didn’t even bother doing a Rundown. This month, I think I finally found my groove again when it comes to reading. Only 9, but it felt like a success. Still trying to work on getting back into a reviewing groove but for now, at least I’m reading again.
- [26 Jan] Nightchaser by Amanda Bouchet ★★★★
- [26 Jan] Lipstick Voodoo by Kristi Charish ★★★½
- [26 Jan] Miss Kopp's Midnight Confessions by Amy Stewart ★★★
- [26 Jan] Miss Kopp Just Won't Quit by Amy Stewart ★★★★
- [31 Jan] Transcription by Kate Atkinson
- [31 Jan] The Clockmaker's Daughter by Kate Morton
- [31 Jan] 99 Percent Mine: A Novel by Sally Thorne
- One Day in December by Josie Silver ★★★★★
- Raising the Dead by Ron Rash ★★★★
- The Hammer of Thor (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard #2) by Rick Riordan ★★★
- The Twilight Zone Radio Dramas, Volume 5 by Various ★★★★
- Atomic Marriage by Curtis Sittenfeld ★★★
- Everything Changes by Jonathan Tropper ★★★★
- The Child Finder (Naomi Cottle #1) by Rene Denfeld ★★★★
Best of the Month: One Day in December by Josie Silver ★★★★★
This was a completely spontaneous Audible purchase and I’m so glad I took the chance. I thoroughly enjoyed this love story and the dual-narration was absolutely superb. I can’t wait for more from this author.
Least Favorite: The Hammer of Thor (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard #2) by Rick Riordan ★★★
The Hammer of Thor was far from the worst book I read this month, I did give it 3 stars after all, but it was the one I was least impressed with. Honestly, I’ve been pretty unimpressed with the entire Kurt Cobain, *cough*, Magnus Chase series from the beginning. I’m so unimpressed that I’m not even interested in picking up the next book, but considering it’s the last in the trilogy I probably will just to see it through.
Biggest Surprise: The Child Finder (Naomi Cottle #1) by Rene Denfeld ★★★★
I read Denfeld’s debut and while The Child Finder was a completely different genre, I never really intended on picking this one up. I was in need of an audiobook and picked this one up completely at random and ended up being pleasantly surprised at how enthralled I was. Will definitely be picking up the next book in the series.
Biggest Disappointment: 99 Percent Mine: A Novel by Sally Thorne DNF
I adored The Hating Game and I’d been anxiously awaiting Thorne’s next release with crazy anticipation. Suffice it to say, I couldn’t even bring myself to finish it and I’m “disappointed” is the understatement of the year.