Books Read = 18
I can’t believe November is over. This year has been going crazy slow yet fast at the same time. After Thanksgiving, I took a week off from work just so I could sit at home and be my laziest self possible. I got a fair amount of reading (and listening) done so I consider it a success.
- [5 Nov] Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Parts 1 & 2 by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne, John Tiffany ★★★★★
- [8 Nov] Heartless by Marissa Meyer ★★★★
- [10 Nov] The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen ★★½
- [17 Nov] The Hating Game: A Novel by Sally Thorne ★★★★★
- [19 Nov] Dodgers: A Novel by Bill Beverly ★★★
- [25 Nov] Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick ★★★★
- [26 Nov] Slipping: Stories, Essays, & Other Writing by Lauren Beukes ★★★★
- [29 Nov] The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon ★★★★
- The Stranger by Albert Camus ★★★
- When Green Becomes Tomatoes: Poems for All Seasons by Julie Fogliano ★★★★★
- Adulthood Is a Myth (Sarah’s Scribbles) by Sarah Andersen ★★★★★
- Once Upon an Alphabet: Short Stories for All the Letters by Oliver Jeffers ★★★★
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter #5) by J.K. Rowling ★★★★★
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay by J.K. Rowling ★★★★★
- My Name Is Lucy Barton by Elizabeth Strout ★★
- What I Know For Sure by Oprah Winfrey ★★★★★
- Smut by Karina Halle ★★★★
- The Outlaw Album: Stories by Daniel Woodrell ★★★
Best of the Month: The Hating Game: A Novel by Sally Thorne ★★★★★
This one was an unbelievable amount of fun. I rarely delve into contemporary romance but this one was a real treat and came at a time when I needed something fun.
Least Favorite: My Name Is Lucy Barton by Elizabeth Strout ★★
I checked this one out from the library on a whim having seen this authors name around before. Just wasn’t my thing.
Biggest Surprise(s): Heartless by Marissa Meyer ★★★★
After being left less than impressed with Winter, I was a bit hesitant to get my hopes up over this one. Pleasantly surprised to say the least.
Biggest Disappointment: The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen ★★½
I had high hopes for this one for a while but kept pushing it off because of all the hype about it. Deciding to finally do a binge read of the entire trilogy now that all installments are out but after the first book I’m rethinking things.