This is my first year participating in Armchair BEA and am really looking forward to all the happenings this week. Allow me to introduce myself:
- Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?
- My name is Bonnie and I’m the sole reviewer on Sweet Tidbits. I set up my blog almost a year ago (July 2011) and have been fairly full-time ever since. (Life does often get in the way!) I started posting my book reviews on Goodreads and enjoyed sharing my opinions on books so much that I wanted to set up a blog dedicated to them. I haven’t expanded my blog very much past book reviews but it’s a work in progress.
- What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012?
- My currently-reading list is out of control right now. I’ve got 4 books I’m actively reading at the moment: A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin, Graceling by Kristin Cashore, The Survivors by Amanda Havard, and Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness. My favorite book I’ve read so far in 2012… hmm… I’m going to have to go with Blackout by Mira Grant. Fabulous close to the series!
- What is your favorite feature on your blog (i.e. author interviews, memes, something specific to your blog)?
- I love my ‘Something To Look Forward To’ post that I do on a weekly basis. I love a wide variety of genres including YA novels, Adult novels, historical fiction, urban fantasy, and even the occasional non-fiction. My post showcases the particular few that I’m personally looking forward to.
- Where do you see your blog in five years?
- I would like to expand on my different posts and maybe even team up with another blogger. But who knows what’ll happen, 5 years is a long time down the road! 🙂
- Have your reading tastes changed since you started blogging? How?
- I feel my reading tastes have changed or more accurately expanded. I’ve become more open to trying new genres that I wouldn’t normally read and have found some new favorites.
Thanks for visiting! Please comment with your Armchair BEA post link if you have one!
Maja C. and Sara K.
are the winners of
All’s Fair in Vanities War by Elizabeth Marx.
Thank you to everyone who stopped by to enter the contest!!
As a part of the All’s Fair in Vanities War, I’m giving you guys a chance to win an ebook copy of All’s Fair in Vanities War, the new book by Elizabeth Marx!
Be sure and check out the other Tour Dates on this tour for more chances to win!
Official Giveaway Information
- To enter, please fill out the Rafflecopter form below.
- Contest ends January 23rd
- The winner will be announced at the conclusion of the contest and will be notified by email and will have 72 hours to reply or a new winner will be chosen.
- Please do not put your e-mail address in the comments section!
- Tweet this contest daily for more opportunities to win!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
‘The All’s Fair in Vanities War’ blog tour kicks off today, hosted by Missy’s Reads & Reviews!
Salem’s always held sinister secrets. No one understands this better than a sixteen-year-old girl who dies on Halloween night and is reborn a Seer.
The Seer can’t imagine anything worse than being an invisible teenager with enormous black wings. Until she finds out she’s been sacrificed to watch over Locke’s new flame.
Locke Cavanaugh is a Druid, and part of the Order, a clandestine organization entrusted with keeping its members cloaked in the Ordinary world. Physically scarred from the accident that took his girlfriends life, Locke is searching for the OtherWorldly magic that damaged him, because only those without blemish can rule the Order. And once at the helm of the Order he has every intention of finding those responsible for her death.
On the West Coast, Keleigh Flaherty witnesses her parents’ murder by beasts that should only exist in nightmares. She is whisked off to the safety of Salem, where she learns how potent and dangerous her concealed Vate talents are. Keleigh wants to be Ordinary, but when her mother reaches out from the OtherWorld, and implores her to find a forgotten relic she’ll have to use all her ExtraOrdinary powers to locate it.
As Locke and Keleigh join forces, they unravel the Order’s involvement in the witch hysteria and murmurs of a Celtic prophecy. While Locke’s affection for Keleigh blooms, The Seer is torn between her duty to protect Keleigh, and her desire to stop Locke from making the ultimate sacrifice in order to earn Keleigh’s love . . .
But if they don’t find the witches bottle before the
ShiningOnes do, someone stalking Keleigh from the shadows will take her instead and plunge all worlds into chaos.
Title: All’s Fair in Vanities War
Author: Elizabeth Marx
Series: The Seer’s Seven Deadly Fairy Tales, Book 1
Format: Kindle Edition
Release Date: October 24, 2011
Yes, I’ll be giving away a copy (maybe two if you’re lucky) of this book sometime in the next two weeks so be sure to keep an eye out!
There is also a Grand Prize available where you have the chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card! All you have to do is “like” the Seer’s Facebook page and post your favorite line from All’s Fair in Vanities War. (Yes, that does mean you need to read the book!)
My tour stop date is January 29th so be sure to come back and visit!
I have a confession to make. I… am a Netgalley addict. I’ve been quite successful as of late in reducing my Netgalley stack, except I continue to request more than I read. When I found out that Red House Books was hosting Netgalley Month in January I figured this was the exact kick in the pants I needed to get my stack reduced down to the single digits (that’s my goal at least!)
So here’s how it works… it’s fairly simply. The challenge is to read as many Netgalley books as possible from January 1st to January 31st. I’ve already gone through my stack and selected 15 (I felt that was a manageable goal) that I plan on reading in January. By my calculations that should bring my Netgalley number down to 7. SEVEN! I haven’t been in the single digits since I joined Netgalley so I thought this would be an awesome goal to accomplish for the New Year.
Interested in joining in? Write up a post about your plans for Netgalley month and then head on over to Red House Books to sign up! Easy as pie. If you’re a Twitter user, you can use hashtag #NetGalleyMonth when you’ve finished one!
I always swear I’m never going to let it happen, but once again I’ve let my Netgalley pile get out of control. I blame it on all the good books they post, not that I’m complaining! 🙂
Can’t decide which to read next though… any thoughts/recommendations?
I’m thinking it’s almost time to start reading my Christmas books. 😀
World Book Night is coming to the U.S.! Mark your calendar: April 23, 2012.
Imagine being given 48 copies of one of your favorite books for free to give to anyone you want. That’s the basic idea behind World Book Night, which was held for the first time in the U.K. this past March 5. Participants chose one of 25 titles, and then received 48 copies of the book and gave them out to anyone they wanted.
To read more about this event click the following link below:
Night of a Million Books