So April kind of sucked. Life got in the way big time in the way of reading and I somehow managed to only read 9 books the entire month which is pretty obscene. I still managed to post 14 reviews though. Not sure how that works and can’t be bothered to figure it out. lol It is what it is.
- [2 Apr] Cress by Marissa Meyer ★★★½
- [3 Apr] Fairest by ★★★★½
- [4 Apr] The Sunlit Night by ★
- [9 Apr] Little Beach Street Bakery by ★★★
- [10 Apr] Conspiracy of Blood and Smoke by Anne Blankman ★★★½
- [11 Apr] The Fair Fight: A Novel by ★★½
- [16 Apr] We All Looked Up by ★★★½
- [17 Apr] Eight Hundred Grapes: A Novel by ★★★★
- [18 Apr] Local Girls: A Novel by ★★★
- [23 Apr] When We Were Animals by ★★★★
- [24 Apr] The Deepest Poison by ★★★½
- [25 Apr] Black Iris by Leah Raeder ★★★★
- [28 Apr] An Ember in the Ashes by ★★
- [30 Apr] The Stars of Summer by ★★★★
Favorite of the Month: The Stars of Summer by Tara Dairman
This book is beyond adorable and is quickly becoming an all-time favorite series. Sure it’s middle grade but Gladys is the absolute cutest and she cooks the most delicious sounding foods!
Least Favorite: The Sunlit Night by Rebecca Dinerstein
I actually had to read this for a review for a magazine publication so it was pretty crappy I disliked this as much as I did. I feel I’m just not cut out for ‘literary fiction’.
Biggest Surprise: When We Were Animals by Joshua Gaylord
Remember the zombie book The Reapers are the Angels? Same author. When I learned that I went crazy to get myself a copy. Most impressive story. Strange. But very impressive.
Biggest Disappointment: An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
I had crazy high hopes for this one and maybe my expectations just got the best of me. Either way, this one was nothing like I anticipated.
Reading Plans for May
May marks the second month of Bookish Bingo and since I accomplished filling only 5 squares, I’ve got some catching up to do. I’ve got some exciting reads lined up though. Yep. I’m binging Scarlet. So. Excited.