Books Read = 18
I felt like I got a bit lazy in February (and I started headed towards a mild slump that I managed to shrug off, thankfully) but I still managed to beat my books read from the prior month (17 in January!) so that was awesome. I super let my review books gather dust but I’m hoping I can do some catch-up in March.
- [3 Feb] Alice by Christina Henry ★★★★
- [3 Feb] Red Queen by Christina Henry ★★★½
- [9 Feb] Beyond Shame by Kit Rocha ★★★
- [9 Feb] Beyond Control by Kit Rocha ★★★
- [9 Feb] Beyond Denial by Kit Rocha ★★★
- [10 Feb] The Possessions by Sara Flannery Murphy ★★★★
- [16 Feb] The Oxford Inheritance: A Novel by A.A. McDonald
- [16 Feb] Bright Air Black: A Novel by David Vann
- [16 Feb] The Burning World by Isaac Marion
- [24 Feb] Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng ★★★★½
- Shopgirl by Steve Martin★★★★
- Erotic Poems by E.E. Cummings ★★
- I Feel Bad About My Neck: And Other Thoughts On Being a Woman by Nora Ephron ★★★★★
- Men Explain Things to Me by Rebecca Solnit ★★★
- The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe ★★★
- Hotel Insomnia by Charles Simic ★★★
- Selected Poems by E.E. Cummings ★★★
Best of the Month: I Feel Bad About My Neck: And Other Thoughts On Being a Woman by Nora Ephron ★★★★★
I read and adored Heartburn last year and my wonderful mum sent me this one and I Remember Nothing. I picked this one up when nothing else sounded good and it was the perfect balm to the slump I was heading towards.
Least Favorite: Erotic Poems by E.E. Cummings ★★
hahahaha This one was so bad. I mean honestly, that’s all I can say about this one. Bad poems. Even worse doodles.
Biggest Surprise(s): Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng ★★★★½
I picked this up way back when the Ford Audiobook Club was still a thing (so like 3 years ago) and it sat unread for ages. I was convinced this family drama wasn’t something I would ever enjoy but boy was I wrong.
Biggest Disappointment: Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty ★★½
Liane Moriarty is a name that has been tossed around for years with much love attached to it. I finally decided to pick this one up after enjoying the premise of the first episode of the new show. I definitely enjoy the show more and I’m not super sure I’ll be trying anymore by Moriarty.