Today’s Top Ten Tuesday topic is authors that are on your ‘automatic purchase’ list. Basically, it doesn’t matter if they’ve decided to republished the phone book, it’s on my TBR and I’m doing whatever it takes to get it in my hot little hands. Now, I haven’t read all of these authors works, but I know enough about their works to make the purchase more than worth while. In no particular order.
10. Sarah Waters – I’ve read only two books by this author (Affinity and Tipping the Velvet) but I still own the rest of her catalog. Because, Sarah Waters.
9. J.K. Rowling – It’s no secret that I adore Harry Potter. Sure, I DNF-ed The Casual Vacancy and I wasn’t the hugest of fans of The Cuckoo’s Calling but that doesn’t mean I won’t keep trying every single novel she puts out.
8. Kate Morton – I’m a huge fan of dual-timeline books but Kate Morton is the reigning Queen of this style. I adore her books.
7. Mira Grant – This is a bit like J.K. Rowling… I adored her Newsflesh series but she has yet to put out anything that rivals it. I’m thinking that’s just simply not possible. But I’ll keep trying.
6. Karen Marie Moning – The Fever series has a very special place in my heart. Yeah, sure, this author also wrote Iced and some pretty terribly historical romance time travels but we can’t all be perfect.
5. Stephen King – According to my challenge, I’ve only read 15 of his 65 published works so I definitely have a ways to go. I own about 20 that I have yet to read and my collection is steadily growing.
4. Sarah Addison Allen – This is the one (and quite possibly only?) author on this list that I have read every single thing she’s written. Her stories are magical.
3. John Fowles – I have a secret obsession with John Fowles, yet I’ve only read a single one of his novels. I loved it so very much that I’m honestly scared to read anything else of his. But it doesn’t stop me from collecting them.
2. Margaret Atwood – Her MaddAddam trilogy and The Handmaid’s Tale are among my all time favs. They’re also the only novels I’ve read of hers. I have high expectations for the rest of her catalog I’ve accumulated.
1. Libba Bray – Forever searching for the next Gemma Doyle.